The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Real or fake? *PIC*

Dear Mr. Chuck Maddox,

I've been suggested to contact you for a question about an Omega Speedmaster Professional.

As I'm not very expert about this, I'd like to show you a picture where you can see, on the right a 100% real speedmaster professional, today version and on the left, a watch that I found on sale on line second hand of a not specified year.
As there are a few little differences and I'm not sure if those are due to the different age of the model, or if those are surely inaccuracies of a fake watch.
The strange thing is that some of these differences are technically more difficult to produce on the left hand watch, such as: metal embossed omega sign on dial, thin chrome rings around small dials, complex closure.
Also the lines between the numbers on the bottom of the bezel, look longer.
Please let me know what you think about it, if you can.
many thanks, hope to hear from you soon,
--
Leo.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE