The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Great prints
In Response To: Simple lines ()

Just wanted to join the support for these prints. OK so they are not an official Heuer product, but so what, they don't claim to be.

There appears to be far more time and effort and style gone into these for the price than many prints in other genres out there at similar prices.

I think they are stylish and original. I also own a Hunziker Siffert number 162 and love it but would be proud to have one of these next to it. I didn't realise the artist was the same one who did the Tour de France prints here in Yorkshire as I bought all of them and love them. I would also have all of these lined up if I had the wall space.

On a separate note, though not affiliated or linked in any way other than having the pleasure of living locally and knowing Jonathan through the collector world I would like to add it is worth looking more into Jonathan Scatchard if you dont know him. He has been hugely influential with Heuer in the UK and is one of the most helpful and knowledgable people you could hope to meet. I think he really reflects the coolness of the Heuer era well in his Facebook page and website and that these prints are just a part of that.

Anyway is £150 really that high when most of us have paid half that for a box, a buckle or a bracelet!!!!

Lets keep the passion alive!

I think the criticism is harsh

: I liked the elegant simplicity of the prints. I don't see them as
: literal depictions of the watches but more capturing the spirit.
: The early 60s Heuers are cool because of what Heuer left out,
: rather than what they put in.

: BTW I don't know the guy, and haven't bought his prints. I just
: liked them.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE