The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Welcome to Our Forum!!

Welcome to our forum and thank you so much for sharing these images, and a bit of the story about this watch.

We have seen a lot of Kenyan Air Force Autavias posted here, but I can't recall anyone who has had a personal connection to someone who wore the watch as a member of the KAF.

If you don't mind a couple of questions -- Are there any marks on the case-back indicating the issuance of the watch by the KAF? (The photo below shows the marks on mine.) Do you have any further information about the circumstances under which these were issued -- which years? issued to whom? etc., etc.?

Thanks again for the posting and we do hope that you will become a regular here!!

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: This masterpiece was given to me by my Dad who served in the Kenyan
: Air Force back in the seventies! I love, love this watch. Enjoy
: the pictures.

:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE