The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
French dive watch

Hello everyone,

this is my first time here ! great place !
Seems like recently I have aquired a few Tag Heuer and Heuer watches, but know very little about them ! I did a search on my current trade of a Heuer "made in France" dive watch and am a little dissappointed that it is considered a "poor mans Heuer". I traded a very nice 1896 Elgin pocket watch for it and thought I was getting a great trade, that is until I did a little research. What happened I got to excited and didnt notice the "made in France" at the bottom ! The watch is in good shape and is keeping good time. What is the value of these watches ? Does being made in France hurt it's collectability ? Any info would be great.

Thanks,
Ram

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE