The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer '1550' Bundeswehr Chrono

I'd like to invite comments from experts with these Heuer classics, please.

I have seen one available and took a few photos, which are below.

Seems to check out with the entry in the large 'military watches' book which the store owner had. Number on the case-back is 6645-12-146-3774, and corresponds with the text in the book (entry enlarged, and in German - it's the one mentioned on the left 'links').

We didn't open the back, but he's willing to do that, if I'm seriously keen on it.
I gather it houses a Valjoux 230.

I'd also like suggested ball-park prices, if possible. I have an idea of around $3-4K USD, depending model/condition/originality etc. The guy was asking silly money for it, but is willing to negotiate!

I've always fancied one of these, and this one came from a collector, and appears to be in great condition, but I don't know a lot about them. I do know they can be a bit of a mine-field, though! I'm just considering it, and the price needs to be realistic, of course.

I have noticed a slight crack in the lume on the hour-hand, but it doesn't bother me much. Otherwise, to my eye, it looks pretty good. I thought the bezel looked very new, but it apparently had not had much wear...

I was told told it's circa late 60's but I welcome any input on all these points, please, and many thanks in advance. I gather the model was launched in 1967, anyway.

It appears this example exhibits the characteristics of the "classic" Heuer Bundeswehr chronograph:

Standard Heuer logo
Classic 3H-symbol
T-symbol
Regular font

I look forward to your comments, thank you.

Karl

[images added by Moderator]

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE