The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: here's the link
In Response To: here's the link ()

: http://m.ebay.com/itm/331547053406

Funnily enough it's been removed!

I once found a Siffert on eBay, the seller had uploaded two bad and blurry pictures, starting price £500, collection only (from the UK) and he wouldn't send any more pictures because he couldn't be bothered to take any. He knew it was a Siffert and said in the listing it was worth at least £2,500. I arranged to meet him in London a couple of days later (I was going there anyway with a friend who was a Royal Marine so was ready, just in case it was a scam!). He then emailed to say he couldn't go to London, so I left it and decided it was all a scam. The next morning he emails to say he's at home and free to meet me, he lived 10 miles from me! I Googled everything about him and his address, and examined it on Google Earth. The watch still had no bids on eBay! I parked nearby and left my money etc hidden in the car just in case. It turned out it was genuine, unrestored, with correct GF bracelet, I think it was a Mk2, I paid him £400 cash and drove home a very happy man.

My point is that there are a lot of idiots out there who will do everything possible to not sell their watches for what they're worth!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE