The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: "Take care" at this speed, is very mildly put, Mick ....

I have a strong opinion about this kind of IRresponsible, boyish behavior, of self-overestimating oneself in such a way.
Going at this speed, beyond 250 km/h, or approx. 160 mph ... with only one hand at the wheel, the other holding a cellphone (or whatever else doesn't belong there) and the focus certainly NOT fully on the road .... Hmmm..... one might think about it if that's really cool or not.
In case somebody disagrees with me .... How about you imagine your wife and kids, or your parents, or anybody else you care about, being involved in a car-accident because some "super-cool" driver had either a tire blow up or some other kind of unpredictable problem occurring ....with definitely NO time to react this fast.
Give it a thought, folks ....

Now, if some may call me boring, too serious, or a "Spießer" in German - I don't care.
Because I do care, and take care.

A good weekend to all.
Cheers,
Prost,
O

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE