The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
wanted heuer quartz diver #980032

Back in 1983 I purchased a new Heuer quartz night diver. The unique feature of the watch is that the entire face is luminous. On a dive, swipe your dive light over the watch and the entire face will glow brilliantly for nearly a minute.

The case of the 980032 model is large and robust. The original watch was knocked around quite a lot for the thirteen years I possessed it and it never malfunctioned. The watch only saw the bench when it was time for a battery and o-rings.

In 1996, I sent the watch to Pro Time in Springfield New Jersey, for a battery and o-rings. Pro Time returned their estimate with a statement claiming; "We regretfully have to inform you that your Tag Heuer model 980032 is no longer repairable."

Their offer for me was to trade-in the watch for a new Tag Heuer model. And, without thinking about what I was going to loose, I went for the trade.

That's the background. I would like to find this model. If anyone has a line on a Heuer 980032 please contact me.

Thanks,
MP

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE