The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Thanks, Abel!! So Who Was This "Foreigner from New York"?
In Response To: Hope... ()

Thanks, Abel!!

Sometime, when the tape recorder is not running and we are not on a public forum, I will tell you some "war stories" of this watch . . . a pretty wild series of communications with the seller!! As always, there was another bidder, who the seller (a good Southerner, in Florida) referred to as a "foreigner from New York". She was much happier selling to a "friend in Atlanta". OK, I'll be your friend and even send you some money, but when did New York secede from the US of A??

I am curious regarding your view of the hands. I had assumed that they were not possibly original to the watch . . . because of the black inserts. I would love to have your view, either on this forum or by email. Of course, we will learn more when I remove the bracelet and we see whether there is a serial number, what it is, etc.

Have a great weekend, and remember -- the last thing you do at night, and the first thing every morning, should be the eBay searches!! That where the sock drawer specials are being offered!! But sometimes, you need special searches . . . that can be one of the war stories!!

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hey Jeff,

: What a great watch!

: And also has the extremely rare tachymeter bezel.

: New plexi and ultrasonic bath for case/bracelet will do
: miracles...even not sure if I would replace those hands...

: Oh yes...and last but not least...you give all of us also some hope
: again to also find something nice on eBay ;-)

: Best,
: abel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE