The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Some Price Estimates
In Response To: Price on original Carrera ()

There are many different types of "original" Carreras, so I will try to give you rough estimates for a couple of the "benchmark" / representative models. For each of them, I am assuming excellent condition watch, all original, but not "mint" or new old stock; on an after-market leather strap.

With that introduction, here are a few estimates of current prices:

• early Carrera, three register manual wind, white registers on white dial . . . $1500 to $2000

• early Carrera, two registers, white registers on white dial . . . $800 to $1200
  • for either of the above Carreras, if white registers on black dial . . . add 30 percent
  • automatic Carrera, Cal 11 or 12 movement, white registers on blue / gray dial . . . $1500 to $2000

• automatic Carrera, Lemania 5100 movement . . . $1200 to $1400

This is just a sampling for some of the standard models. If you have a particular model in mind, post another message, and we will provide a range for that model.

Bottom Line = way more than $100, way less than $10,000, and $1,000 is toward the bottom of the range for nice ones.

Thanks for the message.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I am interested in acquiring an original
: Carrera. I have searched ebay and other
: sites and have found a few hits. I am not
: sure what price this type of watch commands.
: I understand that the condition of the watch
: and the authenticity determine price, but
: what would a Carrera in "good"
: condition command. (just a ballpark is what
: I am looking for: $100? $1000? $10,000?)

: Thanks,
: Jeremy

Messages In This Thread

Price on original Carrera
Some Price Estimates
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE