The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Orvis Solunagraph

Hi Folks,
Wanted to share first photos of the newest addition to the fold, a vintage Orvis Solunagraph on a very old, but original, Heuer strap!

The watch is keeping very accurate time for a 30+ year old piece, and I have no idea when it was last serviced. The case most certainly has some "character marks" but to be expected on such a veteran as this. I would like to display the movement (which is either a Valjoux 71 or 72), but I will need a professional to open the case safely. Future plans include installing a new, Graf racing strap (similar to the old strap) and a movement service this year. Many thanks to Jeff and Chuck for their insightful writings and commentary.

Best regards,
Frank

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE