The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I thought I got a good deal.... *LINK* *PIC*

Well after reading Jesse's good fortune I though I might share mine...

I fall in to what Jeff call's the $50 to $75 deal. I while back I was refered to a watchmaker who had a couple watches for sale of which I went to see, but did not buy. In the mean time we started talking and he wanted to show me his work bench (of which he was very proud of). As we walked in to the 5 x 10 room the first thing I saw was this Heuer GMT sitting on a shelf. So as I was trying to contain myself I picked it up and asked him if it was for sale. He told me it was left my a customer 20 years back, as he did not want to pay to have it fixed so he just left it. He told me it was not working but if I wanted it I could have it as is for $50.00, as you could imagine I could not get the money out of my pocket fast enough. So as we stood there talking a bit more I asked if I could look through some of his boxes of stuff and he said it was not a problem. A few minutes later I came across a dark blue 22mm perferated leather band and Heuer signed buckle on a Bulova Accutron. So I asked again if it where for sale (not careing about the Accutron) and he said I could have that one for $25.00 as he thought the watch was a good runner.

So I got the GMT for $50 and the band and buckle for $25, not a bad deal but I've never come across another sence....

Happy Hunting......

PS
Can someone tell me what this bezel belongs on?? I have a fellow OTD'er helping me locate the correct 24 hour bezel, after which time I'll offer this one up to someone who can use it...

Messages In This Thread

I thought I got a good deal.... *LINK* *PIC*
great story, one question
Re: I thought I got a good deal....
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE