The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
About Those Bolts . . .

Here is the photo that I posted on Facebook . . . I really jumped the gun with this posting, as I was just playing with the three watches and the iPhone. The big bolts and nuts are my way of flattening the straps, so that the watches will look better, when I take the real photos.

I own the Mark 1 and the Mark 2; the Mark 3 is just passing through Atlanta, on its journey between here and there.

Thanks for all the good wishes, re the Mark 1. An Autavia 1163 GMT (Mark 1) was one of the first watches that I bought, probably around 2002. It cost $850 (on eBay); was dead on arrival; and took a quick visit to Vermont, to get it running. I tried to get the seller to split the cost of the repair with me, and he insisted that the watch was perfect when he sent it, and that I must have switched out the movements (and sold off the good one). He was a real nut case!!

Anyway, it's good to have a Mark 1 back in the collection!! And Happy Veterans Day, to Colonel Feinstein, as well . . . another Autavia GMT enthusiast!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I wondered when I saw your 'three GMT' lineup on Facebook earlier
: whether you'd managed to finally bag an 1163 first exec again.
: It was a great picture by the way. Congrats on the watch. From
: the Facebook pic the 1-24 bezel looks in great condition!

: :

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE