The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Now, the Thaw is On ! ! !

Jim:

Thanks for the message, and also thanks for keeping things lively on the Forum, in my absence.

Almost all the ice has melted, and electrical power has been restored to the old homestead. Combining the absence of electricity at home, and some network problems at the office (because some of the techies were unable to get to work), left me on the sidelines.

I am pleased to report that the Heuers functioned perfectly throughout the ice storm; I don't think I missed out on any ebay auctions (unless there is some as yet undiscovered BuyItNow); and I did manage to buy one chronograph over the weekend, in a private transaction, by wireless e-mail. I will share that story when it arrives.

Cheers to all.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Just thought I would let our world-wide Forum
: members know that our leader, Mr. J. Stein,
: has been less than active posting here for
: the last few days due to the horrible ice
: storm that has landed full force in Georgia
: and left about 250,000 people without power.

: He emailed me from a local library that had a
: generator or some kind of power.

: Read the story with the link below.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE