The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Re;Proceedure/Thanks
In Response To: Re;Proceedure/Thanks ()

Thank You. ? I asked about removing my email address. But when I try it seems I maybe removing myself. I do not want to do that. Is it Ok to remove my email from the public? If so I would like to get my email address off my posts. But still want to be and get info on posts.

I hope you won't mind me answering your query in Jeff's stead.
Heck No. I Thank you for it!

Here is the proceedure:

From the forum index, click on "Edit Profile" and change whatever fields you deem necessary.

Thanks I thought it would be easy.

Realize that not including an email address makes it difficult for anyone to contact you via email to have a private conversation with you.

I realize it, but if they really need me thay can find me. I only have slow 26,000 to 32,000 dial up and Had a bit to meny messages this week.
Sorry to hear about your dial-up... Been there, done that. High-Speed makes a big difference, but I know it's costly in some areas and not available in many others too.

I was in the same boat until about 2 years ago.

I know its a personal problem.

Eh, we do what we do.

Also realize that this will only change the email field in new messages you post, it will not change existing posts in any way. So for example, if you change your email address to blank or whatever, all posts prior to that change will still have your email address.

If you have questions, my email address is and will remain at the top of all of my posts.

Fair enough?

Chuck

Before I do it, the moderators and owner will still be able to contack me if I remove it from my header corect? Because I would still like to be contacted in case you guys need to in case of who knows what.
If we need to get a hold of you one of us will likely remember to look at one of your old posts and find it. Otherwise when someone asks you to email them please do so.

Fair enough?

Thanks

peter

You're welcome!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article Index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE