The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer Bundeswehr *LINK*

Hello all,

We have a Heuer Bundeswehr Valjoux 230 flyback chronograph watch and since I'm unfamiliar with the details of this model I'd like to share a few photos of the movement case and dial for the forum's input. Click on the link below to see the photos.

http://www.farfo.com/heuerbundeswehr.html

I'd like to learn more about this watch and make sure that it is authentic. I'm also posting this on other forums to reach other Heuer, military and general watch enthusiasts.

Please view the photos and let me know your thoughts. My questions are:

Do any parts of the watch appear non-authentic?

Should the case be stamped or engraved for this model? This back is engraved.

Is the wording on the case back correct? I've seen others that are just marked "BUND".

What can the serial number tell me?

Was the movement signed on these watches? Bridge is Heuer style but the movement is unsigned.

Thank you all.

John
www.farfo.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE