The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Serial Number for the Case
In Response To: Monte Carlo No's ()

as I understand it [meaning that this is hardly definitive information], these engraved numbers were serial numbers used by the case-maker(s) to track the cases that they were supplying to Heuer, but Heuer did not maintain any information regarding these serial numbers. Accordingly, I am not aware of any source that can use these serial numbers to yield information about date of manufacture, model, etc.

scanning some serial numbers of Monte Carlos, I note the following:

• three-button, early cases have numbers 15xxx, 16xxx, 17xxx [this is true for all 13 on my list]

• two-button, later Monte Carlos have serial numbers 53xxx, 57xxx, 62xxx, 63xxx, 64xxx, 65xxx, 66xxx, 72xxx, 73xxx [so the 12 on my list range from approx. 53000 to approx. 73000]

turning to a list Master Times, I see that all the case numbers range from 18005 and 18034 (on a couple of the older ones, with numerals 3-6-9-12 on the dial) to 24492 and 24645 (on a couple of the newer ones, numerals 1-through-12 on the dial).

so perhaps it is possible to put them into a rough sequence by these case numbers??

In each instance, the engraved number is five digits. So if you are looking at 15039, that would seem right for an early Monte Carlo. If you are looking at 27010, then I have no idea where that fits in. If you are looking at 15039-27010 (a ten digit number), then I would guess that it is a military issuance marking.

I hope this helps.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: HELLO ! With regard Monte Carlo dash mount are
: the numbers engraved on the case
: eg:15039-27010 model, serial or part No's
: THANK YOU RONNIE.

Messages In This Thread

Monte Carlo No's
Serial Number for the Case
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE