The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: amazing collection!! *PIC*
In Response To: amazing collection!! ()

: Just a fantastic collection!

: I love the LCD and LEDs of this period. I'm scared to collect them
: because once they die they don't come back. I'm sure I could
: probably infer some life metaphor there but better to stay on
: topic.

I'll second that, you have a really cool collection there. I imagine that they're real conversation starters, probably much more so than the Autavias, Carreras, Speedmasters, etc that collectors pay so much for. And speaking of Speedmasters... your quartz one is certainly the one I would be happiest to wear.

Of course the potential problem is the movements, and that scares me away from any of these digi (or analog-digi) models. I have a case for an Omega Chrono-Quartz which is probably a genuine prototype (either from Omega or a case supplier), but sourcing a movement is nigh on impossible. There seem to be hundreds of damaged examples out there and everyone is searching for the elusive movements.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE