The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Carreras Moving Up ? ? ?
In Response To: Carreras Moving Up ? ? ? ()

: I don't spend much time following the market, but it does seem
: that the early Carreras have finally broken out of their range,
: and moved up significantly over the last few months.

: Perhaps others can comment, but it seems that some of the Carreras
: that for years seemed locked into the $3,000 to $6,000 range,
: are now north of the $10,000 / $12,000 mark. Something about a
: rising tide lifting all ships or that nature abhors a vacuum.

: Jeff

: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm not new to vintage watches, but I am new to vintage Heuer.

I've been bitten by the Carrera bug, so I'm getting familiar with current pricing. In vintage shops with a good reputation for Heuer, it's now common to see $11-$15K for clean, first-execution examples of 2447S, 2447D, 2447T (with the T commanding the high end). But even on eBay, no decent example is going for less than $8K. And anything with clear authenticity and quality, $10K+.

I wish this bug had bitten me a decade ago...

-Josh

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE