The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Provenance and ligitimacy
In Response To: Re: What Jeff Said! ()

The decision to sell as original is a smart one IMHO. This piece is so well known & documented in the Heuer community, I think it will add to its provenance and ligitimacy. One of the great aspects about this forum is the respectful discussion and objective opinions offered. We are a community, with many friends, and I believe respect the thoughtful interaction about topics like this. It's very possible the future buyer will be from our communit. It's also likely they are (or will) be reading thru these posts, and appreciating the value they offer to the watch, it's owner and its place in our little Heuer world. I hope this Siffert Chronomatic pushes a new ceiling to the value of Chronomatics. I am sure they would love a documented history of the piece from Mike, to stay with the watch, and add to its personality, and value over time!

GLWS!!!!
Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE