The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Different Case / Some Whacky Measurements

photographs and measurements coming sometime soon . . . entirely different cases for the 5100 and the Cal 12 Silverstones. This 510.403 looks both HUGE and delicate, all at the same time . . . let me explain.

At 43.5mm lug-to-lug, it's smaller than the 60's Carrera, 70's Monaco or 70's Autavia (which range from 44.7 to 47.2), but the BIG look comes from the thickness of the case (at approx 15mm). The other perspective that makes it look rather delicate is the width of the dial itself . . . at around 28mm (not counting the inner bezel or case), the dial is actually very small . . . maybe comparable to a pre-Carrera chrono from the 50's.

put all this together, and you get a unique shape and look . . . which I am liking a lot. It fits on a small wrist very well (because of the small lug-to-lug dimensions), but can definitely be seen (because of the thick case).

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: it is the same case size as the cal 11/12
: silverstones? i've never been able to get my
: hands on one of any version silverstone(and
: with current pricing...very likely i never
: will), so i have no idea if a 5100 would fit
: in the cal 11/12 case size? thanks for any
: insight.

: congrats on your newest find! i really dig that
: one...very cool, imho.

: j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE