The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Bought my first vintage Heuer, a Reference 13-1

Congratulations on your first Heuer!

I can't see the photos in your post, but value is never easy.

The 13-1 although not that common is not one of the most sought after watches, so doesn't command the premium you see with other Heuer watches. Another factor is the PVD case and possible wear which makes values vary significantly.

The reference 12 and 13-1 have been considered a good entry level into Heuers and sit somewhere at the higher end of the 1000 series divers and a bit under the Lemania movement Heuers in terms of values. It just so happens I'm looking at a 13-1 at this moment, not for the first time but with specific reasoning this time.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE