The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Need some help identifying movement

Very unusual, it most likely incorrect, however I have seen this type of Valjoux 72 with some brass parts before, so it is not 100% out of the question, but we would need to know more info....

What is the code on the bottom left hand side of the base plate? There should be R for Valjoux and 72 for the movement on the right side and then normally MN on the left. It is normally MN on Valjoux 72 (1st execution Ed Heuer Autavia 2446 and the very earliest Ed Heuer Carrera 2447 are the exception whereby there is no two letter code).

However I have now seen two original Carrera 2447 with AR on the base plate with brass Heuer Leonidas bridges which have the words "Seventeen 17 Jewels Unadjusted, Swiss" also on the bridge, instead of on the left hand side of the plate. (AR is the code for Enicar). Yours has no "17 Jewels" info though.

I am told that the some watchmakers constructed watches for both companies. It was a cottage industry back then, some Enicar were even constructed at Heuer in Switzerland and also in busy times much work was done "overtime" at watchmakers houses also including their relatives also.

R

: Hope you guys can give me a hand. Thought this was a Valjoux 72 but
: now I have some serious doubts.

: Any insight or comments will be much welcome.

: Thanks in advance.

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE