The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Help! What Do I Have?

Hi I recently swapped out my old Heuer for a Jo Siffert 1163T. So this is where I need help.

Thing is I know nothing about 1163T's. When I look up Jeff's site, I see that a 1972 has a serial number of 224XXX for a 1972 Heuer Jo Siffert 1163T.

Reference to the above on Jeff's site is 'E10'

http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/Master_Reference.php4

Yet when I look at some people selling "Viceroy" Heuers with the same serial number?? So yep confused! Would someone know is my watch a 1163T Jo Siffert if the serial number is 224XXX.

Other question I have is I was also given a Gay Fereres Bracelet with HLF ends. Do all HLF ends fit a 1163T Jo Siffert? Cause I am having the hardest time getting it to fit. Even Tag Heuer wasn't able to make it fit. But then again they said they have never seen this watch is it a Tag Heuer. Oh my!

If someone could help pass on the knowledge to me, I will definitely pass that knowledge onto others in the future. Have to start somewhere :)

Thank you all.

Messages In This Thread

Help! What Do I Have?
Re: Help! What Do I Have?
Re: Help! What Do I Have?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE