The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Spontaneous Scan Day Request -- Favorite Watch

Someone in my office learned of this Heuer affliction, and asked me a simple question about my collection: "Which is your FAVORITE?"

OK, that seemed like a simple enough question, and I responded with a description of SOME of my favorites. Or maybe I said that if I was keeping only one, to wear every day, it would be this one. and if I were keeping one that was very valuable, then it would be this one. or one that was very rare, then it might be this one. you get the idea.

Being the articulate and precise young lawyer that she is, she responded: "No, not a list of your favorites, but which is your ONE favorite." So I gave her the answer (which I will not yet present here).

which brings me back to the subject of this spontaneous Scan Day Request. I realized that we have done "Favorite Arrivals" of 2004, and "Favorite Movements", but if we have ever done plain old "Favorite Watch", it must have been a long time ago.

So not necessarily for this Monday, but sometime soon, how's about some of us post photographs of our ONE favorite watch.

and if that is too difficult / painful, maybe post two or three, or four or five, but in any case, start at the "top", with your VERY FAVORITE, and we'll see where it ends up.

Let's see what we all come up with!! As usual, we will expect (and even encourage) some variations on the theme . . . so if you don't have a favorite watch, show us your favorite child, or your favorite car, or your favorite fast food, or your favorite SOMETHING.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE