The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Is there anything that can be done to correct BoR stretc

: I have a "economy" Beads of Rice from a 1163V but it is
: very slack, albeit complete - can they be tightened again?

If anyone can it's Michael Young in Hong Kong. http://www.classicwatchrepair.com/

He (actually they) did a fine job on a very beaten up 1960's Oyster bracelet of mine. Turnaround was faster than quoted and price exactly as agreed. Just one thing, if you have any special instructions such as "Do not polish" attach a note firmly to the item. The people who actually do the work may not be able to read the exchange of emails in English with Michael himself. Otherwise well recommended. Although I was worried about the two-way dispatch half-way round the world it went without a hitch and I have not seen a comment anywhere about shipping going wrong.

Drop me an email for before and after photos if you like.

Mike

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE