The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer 1163 "Siffert" Question

Hi all,

I am currently in the market to purchase a Heuer 1163 Siffert (6th execution). I'm not necessarily drawn to the collectibility of this reference but rather for the Siffert legacy and how much I just love putting on my 1163V.

My question is that I have seen a few examples with 6th execution hands and dials, but with a caliber 11 inside. And I was under the assumption that all of the late execution 1163s came with the caliber 12. Is that not the case or are these examples simply a collaboration of parts from a few different pieces?

The first one I saw I thought, "I don't want that Frankenwatch!" Then I saw three more the same way! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Anthony

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE