The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Favourite, as defined by criteria

When Jeff posted his scan day idea of favourites then my first
thought was this watch as it is my current favourite:

But then I reread the scan day definition more carefully and I had to
reconsider. I love the Lemania Silverstone but it is not really a true
Heuer classic, more a minor model (though a fantastic minor model).
Then I thought of this one, as it is really THE classic Heuer:

But I am
not sure it would be the only Heuer I would keep as it is not my favourite Monaco (BTW the ugly strap is my mistake, also sorry about the useless photog with the shadow of the crystal). So I thought maybe I should go for what I consider to be the best looking Heuer in a balance of functionality and “beauty”:

But then
I reread the criteria again very carefully (it was drafted by a lawyer) and it
specified your choice would be your only Heuer. The 2446 bezel is too delicate
to allow everyday wearing, and if I have to wear a Heuer everyday (I
do) it would have to be something more robust. So in the end my final
choice is this one:

Funny that it ended on this one as my first ever pic posted to OtD (via
Jeff) was the burgundy Silverstone, I think it was more than two years ago. I think the scan day was called “your favourite Heuer”.

Disclaimer: the views in this article represent the state of mind of the poster as the time of posting.
The poster reserves the right to change his views at any time.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE