|The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.|
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
Hello all (Hi Jeff)!
It's been years since I've posted here. I've missed you all! I've since bought and sold a few watches (with regret, the selling, that is). But, life takes us down different paths and our watch "loves" come in and out of our lives. In any case, I'm looking to buy something interesting (maybe two). I've owned a couple of amazing vintage Heuers (Carrera & Chrono Abercrombie & Fitch), and currently own three Rolexes (Stainless steel datejust, stainless steel/white gold datejust w/"roulette" date, and a two-tone Rolex submariner). I'm currently considering five watches but would love your input on: A) of the those I'm considering, which do you experts think is the best option...and what other watch might I consider that's not on the list), and B) Which Heuer should I also consider? I've loved watches ever since the day my father brought home a Mickey Mouse watch pendant for me--I was 5 years old. And, I've been wearing "men's" watches since I was a teenager in high school--well, before it became popular!
Watches I'm considering:
1. IWC Doppelchronograph ref. 3713. I know NOTHING about this watch but recently came face to face with it on HOKINKEE. It was love at first sight.
2. OMEGA Speedmaster Professional Chronograph (Pro: LOVE the look, price. Con. None!).
3. 2017 Rolex GMT II white gold "Pepsi" dial (Pro: love the vintage Pepsi dial look. Con: price. I'd have been happy w/SS).
4. 2017 Rolex GMT II Traditional Black Bezel (Pro: Traditional, Price. Con: Fairly common watch).
5. 2017 Rolex Sea-Dweller. (Pro: Beautiful, updated. Con: Size/43 mm. May be too large. Waiting list...which I'm on).
6. Heuer! Which one?!
Thanks in advance for any information/input/advice you can give me. Blessings to you and yours! Patty from Vegas (I believe I was living in California the last time I posted here).
P.S. I don't EVER plan on selling any more watches moving forward. I have young twins--a boy and a girl--any watch I have is now theirs to inherit.