The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Hopefully this will help...

Need a little help with my new watch. Man, everyone's got a new watch....me too! Just got an Autavia 1163 V off Ebay. The dial, hands are perfect; better than I expected.

I received one too, today... Not a Heuer or even an Omega, but a pretty cool one all in all. I'll have to see if I can take a few pictures over the weekend...

Here's my question. It's an auto Cal 12, but, as with all autos that have sat I went to wind it. All my other watches wind smoothly, this felt like a ratchet, and a little tougher than my others; I did set it and it's keeping perfect time so far. Should the winding feel this rough with the Cal 12s?

Well, I just so happened to visit watchmaker dave today, and one of the things on the list to have him look at was my 112.602/11063V...

Yeah, that's the one! =)

So let me check it... Hmmm...

Definately not the smoothest wind in the world, perhaps not a quite a ratchet... Your watch is probably fine, I wouldn't lose sleep over it, but the next time you visit your local watch maker I'd take it along and have him give it an inspection with the ole' Mark I eyeball...

BTW, the reason mine was in was to have the Chrono Second hand to Zero properly (done) and see if the discoloration just above Automatic on the dial cleaned. That's going to take a new dial if they are available, if not... A little patina on a 20 year old watch (approximately) is tolerable.

Also, any way to quickset date? Chuck has a manual on his website but it is for the later autos. Appreciate any help.

One of the shortcommings of the Micro-Rotor movement is that quick set date (like colors other than Black on a Model-T Ford) wasn't available even as an option. The quickest way to set the date is to cycle from about 9:45pm to 1am and repeat until the date is properly set.

I hope this helps. Congratulations and I am sure I speak for the rest of the forum in saying we are avidly waiting pictures of your latest addition!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox (Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE