The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Yes -- The Modena is Genuine and Rare
In Response To: Heuer Modena ()

yes -- the Modena is genuine, made by Heuer, and very rare (but not necessarily so expensive).

when someone first asked about the Modena, on this Discussion Forum around two years ago, most of us believed that it was not genuine. Since then, I have confirmed the authenticity with TAG-Heuer in Switzerland.

One version of the story is that Heuer originally called this one the "Modena" . . . then changed the name to "Monza", because of the greater name recognition among Formula One fans and others around the world. If you "Search" the messages in this Discussion Forum, you will learn more about this history.

the Modena appears identical to the Cal 15 Monza, except the name on the dial. I recall that we have seen two or three of these over the last two years. Although rare, they may not be that expensive, because collectors do not seem to have appreciated the Monzas as much as the other Heuer chronographs of the era.

Thanks for the interesting question.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hello,

: I have a watch Heuer Modena. Is this a
: collections watch?

Messages In This Thread

Heuer Modena
Yes -- The Modena is Genuine and Rare
Re: Yes -- The Modena is Genuine and Rare
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE