The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Where to get crystal, maintainance, backplates?

Hi-

I, like Jim, came to this through rallying and have a small collection now. But I need some help:

1. Need replacement plastic crystal for my three-button Monte-Carlo

2. Monte Carlo runs great but sometimes won't count hours above 6. Is this a known problem, and who should I go to for work on this?

3. I have an Auto-Rallye as well but it sometimes sticks with the second hand at the bottom of the dial. Again - who might be good to look at this?

4. I'd like to mount this pair together but the Auto-Rallye is thicker (older?) - possible to recase?

5. Monte Carlo has a single backplate but Auto-Rallye has none. Looking for a double-plate or even just a single for the Auto-Rallye. I could actually machine very accurate backplates if anyone is interested, but original is original I suppose.

Thanks - OnTheDash has turned into the worldwide resourse, hasn't it?

Andrew
www.musketeerracing.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE