The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Project: Heuer Carrera 3647N

Hello!

I bought a Vintage Heuer Carrera 3647N a while ago from Mr. Skier in Japan. I have long wanted the "Garner watch" since I´m a great fan of James Garner. So when this came up for grabs I jumped at the opportunity even though the watch is not fully kosher.
I did know that sourcing parts would be a pain in the ass, as parts are hard to come by. I bought it because I would not afford one in better condition in a very long while.
The dial, movement and caseback is in very good condition. The crown is not signed, might be correct.
The hands are wrong.
Subdial hands: looks like the one´s from a 6263 Daytona.
Center-chrono hand is too short - looks like one from a Yema Chronograph.
Minute and hour hand are both too short - might be from another Carrera model?
Case: Seems to have been polished a long time ago. No ref. number or serialnumber is visible.

Any Heuer experts here who might assist me too source parts? I have a contact in Norway, Jarl. Who has helped me quite a bit, but no luck in sourcing parts yet.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE