The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: off topic: some indy 500 pics for you guys....

Great pix that bring back a lot of good memories. From 1961 to 1967 I lived in Speedway, IN and spent much of each May at the track. I could walk over for the practice sessions which cost $.50 admission for the whole day. A 16 oz draft was $.35 so for less than a buck I was in hog heaven. Once I managed to get a pit pass and got into the garage area and of course the pits. We locals could go in early compared to those in the traffic jams and get prime qualification seats in the upper deck of the first turn. This gave us a great view of the track as well as the "Snake Pit". This was the name of the infield where all kinds of interesting human activity could be witnessed before the popularity of vans drove it under cover. All through this annual adventure I had my trusty Gallet Chronograph (which I still have) to keep abreast of the proceedings. The big downtown jewelers had many stop watches and chronographs in their windows at this time of year which added to my pleasure. Thanks for the memories.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE