The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
We Are Only Beginning to Unravel the 1930s and 40s Watches

We have had OnTheDash for almost 16 years, and are just now beginning to unravel the chronographs from the 1930s and 40s.

We don't have many of the catalogs . . . and we dont have many of the watches that have been definitively identified . . . so it is difficult to be certain about the reference numbers.

Your message prompted to to try to identify a recent arrival. Mission accomplished -- it's a Reference 349, as shown in this brochure from 1943. Photos to be posted soon!!

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Is it me or is there very little info or sold pieces to compare to?
: I think I found one sale from 2015 (much lower price than what
: they are asking here). It's especially attractive to me due to
: its 39mm-40mm size but $$ isn't exactly cheap.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE