The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Will You Allow Me Four?

Let me take the liberty of responding with four favorites that arrived in 2018:

• Favorite vintage Heuer chronograph -- Reference 346, with a white dial now showing tobacco . . . they just don't get much better than these 38 millimeter guys
  • Favorite from TAG Heuer -- the Carrera Heuer 02 by Fragment Design . . . and in early 2019, I'll be publishing a couple of postings telling you why this one made the list.
  • Favorite chronograph (non-Heuer) -- Breitling 765 Co-Pilot (Jean-Claude Killy) . . . one of the best looking, best wearing chronographs ever!!
  • Favorite three-hand watch -- LeCoultre true 24-hour indication watch, from the estate of one of my heroes, John Glenn
Thanks to John, for starting this topic, and here's wishing everyone a fantastic 2019 ahead!! Best of luck in finding the watches of your dreams!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hodinkee is running their annual "Year In Review The Watch
: I Wore Most In 2018, By Members Of The HODINKEE Team"

: today.

: https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/watch-i-wore-most-2018

: I thought it might be fun to have a similar OTD review.

: So I will start with my favorite watch purchased in 2018. I was too
: busy to do a lot of watch buying this year...but of the few I
: bought, this Benrus/Heuer 2446C-GMT is by far my favorite. I
: will admit that I took off the original un-kinked Corfam strap
: and installed a generic Rally Strap and have worn it about 3
: times for about a couple of hours each time for special
: occasions...so technically it is not NOS anymore...though it
: will certainly still pass.

: Happy New Year to all!

: JohnCote

:
:

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE