The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Could Have Sold / Made It, in This Configuration

Thank you, Eric Wind and Jeff Stein, for your astute and thought-provoking comments. Although I’m quite certain that my father received this watch brand new, I can certainly give credence to the proposition that John Bond may have had the watch modified -- presumably to enhance its uniqueness -- by a Heuer service center, branch, or distributor prior to presenting it to my dad. Even though it was over 50 years ago when he received the watch as a parting gift when he left Road & Track magazine, I can still remember how delighted and proud he was to have received and worn it.

I can also recall the thrill when, as an early teenager, I would accompany my dad on road tests where I would be his “co-pilot,” and he’d drive various exotic sports cars from our home in Pasadena, California, up the Old Coast Highway to Santa Barbara or otherwise put them through their paces over the Angeles Crest Highway from La Canada to Palmdale, where he’d routinely have me use his Heuer’s tachymeter dial to check the vehicles’ speedometer accuracy between milepost markers along the way. Even though I’ve decided to part with the watch, I’ll always cherish these memories with my father.

Again, thank you for your honest and incisive feedback.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE