The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Fair price of Heuer 40s single
In Response To: Fair price of Heuer 40s single ()

: pusher chrono, 26mm diameter, Valjoux 69
: movement. Breguet numerals and Breguet
: hands, mint condition. Any idea? Thank
-----------------------------

Back some meny months ago in the sales area somebody got a box of stuff from his grandfather in the 90s. He wanted what he was told it was worth 250.00US

He said it did not work and the photo showed a copper dialed old Heuer with all the hands not centered and very old yellowed crystal. I emailed him and asked him to do the buttons , he said worked But could not open the back.

He had not sold it because everybody was low balling him. and I no why it looked ruff and maybe was just a Landerron movment. But it was a BIG Bargain!

I gave him 250.00 on a gamble I could fix it and at worst case would be a real dial.
Well check it out Better than I could wish for all S. Steel Case! and check out the movement. with shock protection and S.S. oval push buttons Ya I can not wait to restore this baby. and by the way It needs a cleaning but works fine.
Take Care and enjoy
Peter
Now I would say that this is worth much more. But once the guys here someone say 200.00 + thay might chime in with something more real for a modern price. Try and send a photo.
I see my photos did not post I will send to you to see this nice watch and maybe you can post them here.
Good luck on your nice watch
Well I triued my old hhp photos and can not remeber how to get in to try and post that way, sorry all but Happy Guy look in you box
Peter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Messages In This Thread

Fair price of Heuer 40s single
Re: Fair price of Heuer 40s single
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE