The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Two different types of 3147 black Carrera with date at 9

Nice observation Ron.

We know the date at 12 original Dato 45 was only produced for a period of less than a year over 66/67. The version with the date at 9 then appears in catalogues in 68, 69 and 70, which gives us an idea of the total lifespan.

As to which came first, the version with the white date window inner or the one with the black, I have to confess I really don't know! I wonder if at some point they decided that having different parts for this inner on the S and N dials was an unnecessary extravagance and settled on the white inner for both. As this could conceivably have been at the start or the end of production though, I think Jeff's asking for serials is about the only way we might be able to settle it. This being Heuer, they could just have used what was in stock at the time and we could end up seeing it switch back and forth throughout production. All adds to the fun as far as I'm concerned!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE