The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Sorry Guys... Up until the time it was discussed…
In Response To: Re: Belair GMT on Ebay ()

Re: Belair GMT on Ebay Posted By: Dave R Date: 12/12/06 15:43GMT

In Response To: Re: Belair GMT on Ebay *LINK*(Martin)

Damn someone bought it before I could.

Sorry guys... Not just someone... Me.

I have been looking for a Belair GMT for quite some time and I have been watching this auction for a couple of days. From the time it opened I had been biding my time, nerviously, seeing if I might be able to hold out and get a late bid in and win it with a bid that would beat the reserve but still be less than the BIN (Buy It Now) price. The moment such a watch is discussed on a watch forum, a lot of attention is brought to the item being discussed. Up until that moment I had the luxury of waiting and watching. At that point, I had to make the decision of either pulling the trigger or face the almost certain prospect that someone else would in short order and having to continue looking for months or more likely years.

I will point out to y'all that Glycine also made (essentially) this exact same watch (Glycine markings being the only differences) and Nivada(-Gretchen/Wittnauer/Zodiac also made GMT's of very similar styles.

You might wish to add those firms into your search terms on eBay and do as much research as you can on the Valjoux c.724 and c.729 movement.

Take care and Good Hunting!

-- Chuck

ChuckMaddox

(Articleindex @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Chronographs, like many things inlife, only improve with age…

Messages In This Thread

Belair GMT on Ebay
Re: Belair GMT on Ebay *LINK*
Re: Belair GMT on Ebay
I May Have One for You
Sorry Guys... Up until the time it was discussed…
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE