The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

One week with my new 2594.52 *PIC*

Ok, so it’s been one week of constant wearing. No issues to date at least not by the watch, but I almost had an issue I created. I will get to that later. I have worked out with it by lifting weights, jogging, swimming and showering. Actually I took it off once for Fathers Day. My wife cooked up a bushel of crabs. I wasn’t taken the chance of getting crab juice all over the watch. Crabs, Sam Adams Summer Ale and a nice Cigar on Fathers Day and let’s not forget about the watch. What a day. If my wife knew what I paid for the watch I think she would file for a divorce. She thinks it’s a fake watch that I paid $25 for. She did get a little skeptical on Fathers Day when I took it off to eat crabs. “Why are you taken that cheap watch off to eat Crabs”?

Ok, back to the issue I created. When the watch arrived it was snug but not overly tight. I don’t like a snug watch. I like it to be able to move a little bit not to the point where it’s wrapping around your wrist. I have several other watches. Tag Heuer F1, Hamilton Khaki Aviation (COSC), Hamilton Navy Regatta, and several Swiss Army Watches. I have always changed links with no problems. So I decided to add a link to my Omega. I get my handy little pin remover and pop out a pin to add a link, and this goes off without a hitch. I try to add a link back in and the pin just kept falling out of the link. I am now beginning to panic. So I call the AD I purchased from and he states “Nick why would you try and do this your self”? He said for me to send it back and he will get the extra link put back on for me. His thinking was that when I popped the pin out I may have reamed out the hold to big that is why the pin kept falling out. So I hang up and I am very upset. I noticed that along with the big pins they also have these little pins. Guess what? These little pins sit in the center link and the big pins lock into these. I was really relieved when I got it fixed. I called my AD and he stated that he assumed I knew this that is why he didn’t say anything about this. Like I stated before I have done this with all my other watches. The thing with these is that it is one pin not two.

I can also say it looks to be losing about one second a day. I am assuming that this is ok. Oh well enough rambling! I will periodically update everybody on my new watch. I hope I am not boring some, but if I am who cares. My son who is 15 thinks I am a complete nerd now. He does know what I paid and is now saying if I don’t buy him a new pair of Jordan’s he will tell MOM.

Messages In This Thread

One week with my new 2594.52 *PIC*
Crab juice
Very nice watch, Congrats! *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE