The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: They have done that in the past

: "... one would think that Omega would come
: up with something like lugs that are drilled
: right through..."

: Here are 2 dive Seamasters that have drilled
: lugs. (PloProf & Seamaster 120 ) These
: are "tool" watches made for
: diving. Maybe Omega don't like the optics.

Steve
Thanks for the reply, and for those wonderful pics. You have an incredible collection if those were all yours, which judging by all your posts, i think they must be.
I must, without sounding too sycophantic, thank all of you guys for a forum where your thoughts and questions are always capably answered by interested persons. As I said in the message before, I am from Cape Town, South Africa, and without wishing to sound facetious, one feels guilty about buying and owning a brand new Omega SMP (automatic of course), straight out of the box, where in my country that can probably buy a lot of people a lot of houses...(or a substantial reduction in the national deficit)..
Then again, and without wishing to render too philosophical...if you are a fan of Omega, several aspects are trite:
1. You have probably been a fan most of your life, and you were never going to settle for anything else..
2. You are clearly one of the few people who know what you want in a good piece of wrist art, as most people will say..."but why did't you get a Tag, or a Rolex...":
...proceeding from the last question, this is one that is difficult to answer unless you are a hardened Omega "Purist"..
3. One cannot expect to have to educate the uneducated...
4. Without wishing to sound like a sick goat, after many years of looking forward to being an owner of a SMP (black) auto, it DOES NOT disappoint, incredible though that may be..

Gentlemen, (and the odd lady) thank you very much, and as I say (as many of you before I have stated, before I had logged on to this site), Omega is still one of those brands where, no matter whether you wear a SMP, or a "Speedie" as some of you guys call it, it is one of those brands that stands out always as a brand that invariably someone will wear only where he or she knows their preferences regarding timepieces, and wears same not merely as a fahion piece, but because they know the proud history of Omega. The incotroverible result is always a fan...someone who has actually thought about what they are spending their money on and putting on their wrist, rather than the noveau riche, who think it is a brand that they should be seen to be wearing...
Apologies for the prolixity...
Craig C

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE