The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Omega Quality
In Response To: Omega Quality ()

: I am looking at purchasing a new Omega Bond or
: PO. After reading some of the posts, on this
: and other forums, I am wondering about
: Omega's reputation and quality. It seams,
: from what I read,that they are always making
: changes in their movements to make their
: watches work. Do they stand behind their
: product? Is it a watch that can be handed
: down through the generations? I am a former
: Rolex Sub owner so I tend to compare other
: watches to the Sub. Is their dealer network
: being revamped? I have the means to own one
: very nice watch and I would like it to be
: the Omega if you folks can convince me. I do
: not want to get caught up in chasing the
: "Crown" anymore.
: Thank you very much,

: Michael
Hello: I own an Omega Broad Arrow, black faced Melbourne Olympic Edition, 3303 movement, 2004 build year, bought new, zero problems, and I USE this watch. Chrono - ON/OFF daily, I chop cords of wood, swim with it on etc. I realize the posted issues with this caliber, but after almost a year, it runs +5 seconds a month. I also own a Bond titanium (which after two adjustments by Omega) still runs -2 sec. a day...but bulletproof otherwise. And my white faced Omega GMT - PERfect time keeping - easily the best of the three. Then there are my Breitlings, one Avenger Seawolf, and an Chronometre Aerospace. And this might perturb Omega guys (me being one of them) however both of my Breitlings have NO dust anywhere in the dial or on the face, where as all three Omega's have dust in the dial/face which you can see with the naked eye. I have owned Rolex's in the past, and have not noticed dust in the faces either..my BA gets the most wrist time, the face and design are incredible, too bad they are now discontinued....so not sure how this reflects on your purchasing considerations, my AD stated that he sees dust in Omega's often. I often wonder why...any how, just my two cents...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE