The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Calling all Speedmaster 125 owners

Steve,

Thank you for the interesting information on your post. I must confess that I always doubt that only 2,000 pieces of the Speedmaster 125 were ever made. It is very common to find some of these chronographs for auction at eBay and they are fairly available if you do an internet search.

I own one example and my brother owns one of them too. Neither of our chronographs has any serial numbers engraved on the caseback. Mine is in mint condition, so it is hard to think that the caseback was swapped at some point. I purchased it from the second owner 4 years ago. The one my brother owns came with the original Omega integrated bracelet as well as mine, but with the legend “Made in Mexico” along with the 1221/212 reference engraved on the clasp.

On a recent trip to Mexico City I found another Omega 125 in NOS condition. This one was offered with box, papers and agreeable invoice dated 07/1975. It was as fresh and clean as the day it came out from the factory in Biel/Bienne, Switzerland. It was a true NOS piece that was saved in a vault for 33 years. Unfortunately I was not able to buy it, first because I already have one (not as clean as this one, but still in mint condition), and second, another collector came with a more substantial offer compared to mine.

Anyway, my point on my story is that this NOS example didn’t have any engraving on the caseback either. That makes 3 examples of Speedmaster 125’s without serial numbers engraved, all coming from the Mexican market.

Just a thought I want to share with you.

Thanks!

Ernesto

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE