The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Likewise, I'm sure...
In Response To: Nah ... I need to stay in more ()

Nah ... I need to stay in more Posted By: SteveW62 Date: 3/8/07 16:25 GMT

In Response To: What? Bwha? You don't get out enough Steve! (Chicagoland Chuck Maddox)

I see I need to stay in more & surf your website some more. :-)

Likewise, with regards to myself and Old-Omega's.com...

I find it very interesting that no mention is made of it being a limited edition or markings in any of the period brochures that I've seen ).

Which has led many collectors, including Frank N, Bill Sohne and myself to wonder if something more than the 2,000 pieces claimed have been produced.

The last brochure that I have featuring the watch is dated 1975. So 2 years after it was released. ( So either it sold very slowly or there were more than 2000 made.... ooops did I say that ?

It is a big lug of a watch, and people were not as enamoured with big watches and the trend was towards quartz and smaller (electronic) sophisticated timepieces, not bigger brawnier and bolder timepieces (c.1045's and Mark Series not withstanding).

Andy at Timeman.net currently has 6 on his website.

There are currently 7 in eBay ( active auctions & 6 finished auctions.

Chuck has one, Georges Z ( where is he ?

Saw him on IM the other day... He's around...

has one, MarkEg has one, there at least 2 in the Omega museum in Bienne & 2 are in the Omegamania Auction

So that is 25....

6 + 7 + 6** + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 26** (** if none of the completed auctions aren't relisted)

1,25 % that I can find think of/find in a few seconds..... & funnily enough, even though almost every watch in the Omegamania Catalogue lists EXACTLY when it was sold, there are no dates for the 125's ..... I wonder why ?

That is odd isn't it?

Finally, look at this picture ( shamelessly lifted from Timeman.net & rehosted )

I'm sure Andy doesn't mind the use and plug.

THAT letter is clearly not in the range A-E.

Nor does my example's 1 or l fit the Omega/Antiquorum prose.

I've said it before & I'll say it again. I smell something fishy here.

The 125 has always been a bit of a sticky wicket (which I'm sure you're familiar with)...

( Many thanks to Eptaz for providing some of the info above & showing me the Timeman.net picture

Good resource, Eric. Handy fella to have around!

Cheers and Good Hunting!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE