The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Thanks Sam!

Re: Chuck's Speedmaster article in this months IW Posted By: Hewybaby Date: 12/2/07 22:38 GMT

In Response To: Chuck's Speedmaster article in this months IW (SteveW62)

A copy of this magazine 'mysteriously' appeared in my mailbox. I think I have Gary (by way of Jeff) to thank for it. Outstanding timing since the first three retail stores I had dropped in on had no IWs (yet).

It is an outstanding article, with a perfect mix of detail and general interest. I look forward to additional parts.

I can't think of someone better to dissect the Speedmaster's history than Chuck. Although (gentle kidding coming) . . .

Oh, here it comes...

I am surprised that someone got Chuck to commit something to a permanent medium, like paper and ink, that he can't electronically retrieve and update when he discovers a new conflicting detail. :)

Truth be told, I do have my reservations specifically because of this sort of thing.

All kidding aside, Chuck's dedication to detail and willingness to examine conflicting information critically and not dismissively has made him the expert that I admire.

I've been bitten in the butt too many times when troubleshooting flaky computer hardward in the past that I have had to become delibrate in my decisionmaking.

(Kidding resumes) Even if it has made him hesitant to commit details to paper until he is absolutely certain.

Well, half the verbage is disclaimers and ,,don't be surprised if we learn something tomorrow which overturns what I'm saying today,,...

Oddly, I think it is quirk of our generation boomers -- Chuck and I are the same age, give or take five years) that we are more willing to put something in an electronic format than on paper. If it goes on paper, all of the details have to be correct because it is permanent, but we are more likely to say the first thing that comes to mind in an electronic mail or forum posting.

In either instance it can come back to haunt the poster, and I really would rather not put down information that is flakey.

The way I look at it, if you write a book, correcting errors just guarantees income from a second edition . . . ;)

Well, there is that!

Congratulations to Chuck on a great article.

Thank you Sam, that means a lot to me!

Sam

Cheers!
-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE