The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: All sorts of questions...thanks CajunMike!

You have made a fine choice there with the 2254.50. I bought one about 18 months back and it is just fantastic. It is such a beautiful and robust piece, yet elegant in its own way. It follows that I can empathise with your problem- even after wearing it for all this time (and I wear nothing else except a cheapie beater for jogging)- I am still transfixed by the sight of the thing. BTW it is running well- loses 1.5 sec a day and has done so consistently from the day I acquired it. Has never skipped a beat or been opened- so that is pretty good for ex-factory regulation.
One other thing- there has been much discussion over the last year or so about the fact that the 2254 will be discontinued quite soon. I actually think this is quite a cool thing as your watch will immediately begin to become a more limited piece.
Enjoy and regards
Craig C

: Well it's been about a month and I can't stop
: staring at my new Seamster Pro!(2254.50.00)
: Man I love this watch! I do find myself
: thinking "I cant believe I just spent
: $2000.00 on a WATCH. A watch that doesn't
: even keep better time than a
: Casio...lol." But the love affair is
: still there and I will enjoy this watch for
: many years.

: My Omega is starting to show some signs of wear
: and tear on the bracelet. Scuffs, nicks, etc
: but the sapphire crystal and case of the
: watch are flawless. I'm not worried about
: the scuffs and nics as I can eventually,
: carefully buff those out but I would like to
: know the best way to actually clean this
: watch. I want to make sure even the old,
: dead skin cells get removed. Is there
: something I can soak my Seamaster in to
: thoroughly clean it? As usual, this blog is
: a great resource and any ideas, tips,etc
: would be helpful. I plan on keeping this
: watch showroom new it's entire life!
: $2000.00 is alot of damn money!

: Thanks,
: HighTechJunkie

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE