The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: For Rolex, Perpetual means automatic winding

Wow thanks, I though the extra 2K was partially due to the calendar feature. I would be quite upset. I did some engineering and then some CS before finding Nursing so the fact that a machine can do the counting day of month and leap years just impresses me.

Overall past that I am not very impressed by spending that much money on a tool. My Uncle got his in the Navy because the generators in the engine room were magnetizing all the cheaper watches and breaking them. ( He's 78 now ) And he still has that watch. I see Rolex and I think "Bling".

But I want a mechanical watch, because I think clockwork is cool. Having one that I can look at the movement without taking it apart ( as people on this site seem to be fond of ) is an extra bonus.

I tried on the "bond" seamaster and it's too big. The AT I tried on 2503.30.00 fit nice, was not huge, but your right the bracelet I wish was more robust.

Do you know what the changes are? I'm not buying for a few more months, I have one more student loan to pay off and then I will start saving for this which for me is a toy.

( 28 and priorities in order )
Thanks for the advice Mike.

Rp

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE