The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Speedmaster Date - Some general advice

The watch is brand new so I am going to change it as here in Italy we have "diritto di recesso" (right to return)which is 7 working days from the date the product was purchased. I prefer this model but as the dealer does not have another the same and as I feel that repairing a brand new watch does not make sense (why buy new to repair), I am going to have to pay the extra EU 350,00 for the newer model and change the bracelet after the summer. Waterproofness does not make any difference to me as a Speedmaster is not a watch I would wear to the beach.

There is also no red seal on the back of the case which makes me wonder if this watch has been returned for the same problem before. Anyway thank you for your advise.

: Hi Lorenzo, the first and most important piece of advice I feel the
: urge to give is: you should not keep the watch in a
: condition where the chrono hands don't reset properly. So either
: have this one fixed (for free) or change it.
: After that, whether to keep the older model or switch to the newer
: one is based on a series of questions you had better think out
: coolly:

: 1. Does the added waterproofness make any difference to you?
: 2. Which style do you like more? The older or the newer?
: 3. What is the overall condition of the one you have now (assuming
: the other one is flawless)?
: 4. If you opt for the newer, do you think the price difference is
: worth it?

: Once you answer these questions I think the decision will be much
: easier.

: Hope this can help.

: Fabrizio

Messages In This Thread

Speedmaster Date
Speedmaster Date - Some general advice
Re: Speedmaster Date - Some general advice
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE