The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

I was told only 4 was ever made.

Hi,

I bought this watch of a very good friend.
He sold it to me for the same price he was offered by a dealer.

The name imprinted in the watch is " Kim Il-Sung" North Korean President.

"Kim Il-sung died on 8 July 1994, but has since been posthumously named the "Eternal President of the Republic". His son and successor as leader, Kim Jong-il, is thus not given the title of President."-Wikipedia.

I was told by my friend that the King of Cambodia recieved this as a present from Kim Il-Sung long ago and that only 4 with his name on it was ever made.

My question is.. how would i be able to find out that only 4 was ever made.?

I had taken this watch to Omega Head office a few years ago to have it authenticated.. Its is an original except for the band which i was told came in leather when it was released. I had asked (Omega) if there was anyway for them to retrieve any kind of information on this watch.. The guy at the counter said " no".. he didnt seem interested so i didnt bother.

Are they able to search for me even if i pay?.. or perhaps he was right?

When i had it opened.. the back had all the imprints of 18k gold.. #1680057 ...ect... but some one had hand scribed the number 0/68493.

Also there where two lines of what i had thought where scratches( very very small).. when i took pictures of it with a high lens camera and blew up the picture,i'd realised it also was an inscription ( see pic). I dont know what it means..

I didnt know who to turn to for answers.. so im posting this here in the hopes that i can know more about this watch..

Hope you guys can help..

PS. I have a few Omega watches because i really like them but im not a collector.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE